Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weaving in my future...

JOY!!! I have a table loom!!

It's soooo wonderful. I can't wait to try it out. I've wanted a loom for a long time. I'm still amazed, it was so serendipitous. One of my neighbors, i recently learned, is also a fiber enthusiast and she had this loom in her barn. Its in great condition and I found the operating instructions online.

My neighbor is also a member of the Woodland Weavers and Spinners Guild, who meet in Damascus, Pa. every 3rd Saturday. I went this weekend and learned a little about how flax is prepared for spinning. They don't have website yet but its in the works.

I'm looking forward to some the upcoming workshops.

Also, I went to Montgomery, hoping to catch the town wide yard sale, but got there a little late. I did, however get some Asiago bread at the Downtown Bread and Bake Shop. Sooooo yummmy!! Fresh baked breads and pastries, much of it organic, and all of it delicious. I'll make it a regular stop when I'm in the area.

I'm working on a few projects which will be outlined on my website, which I'm also updating. I'll post more info when its ready.

No comments: