Sunday, May 16, 2010

Teaching Tatting and tatting some more....

On thursday I taught my first tatting class of 5 beginners at The Needlepoint Gallery. It was fun but time flew by really fast. I didn't get near as much taught as I thought I would in the 2 hours. But most got the hand of making the double stitches and starting rings.

It was wonderful to be reminded how far I've come with tatting, remembering those awkward first steps and how weird the shuttle was in my hands.

Tatting wise, I'm making a draw string bag with the Duet pattern in "Tatting with Visual Patterns" by Mary Konior. It uses only rings and one shuttle.

green duet wip

My other two tatting projects are coming along... though till this week, I was doing more bobbin lace than tatting.

snowflake bag wiptatted stripe pouch wip

No comments: