Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lace Day

bobbin w lace
I just got back from Lace Day in Ithaca NY. It was a lovely drive up. The falls colors are beautiful. I had a wonderful time meeting people and learning more about Bobbin Lace. I ended up taking a class on Idrija Lace, a lace from Slovenia. ( More on that later). I purchased some much needed threads and turned wood tools.
turnedwoodtoosl

I'm a bit behind in my tatting class. The emails pile up quick with Yahoo Groups (not a very effective forum format). I'll get some time Tuesday, post my drawing and catch up on lessons.

In other craft news, I did complete a pair of gift socks. I'm always amazed at how quickly socks knit up and only tatting beats in portability. I used the wool/acrylic yarn I got in a Berlin supermarket two years ago.
Arch-shaped shocks

No comments: