Wednesday, October 21, 2009

idrija lace


idrija lace 2
Originally uploaded by Digital Leaf
I finished my first Idrija Lace piece last week. I love this pattern. I plan on attaching it to a little purse.

Using what was left on the bobbins I made this Star. I had a bit of trouble with the Plaits and Picos, which are the braided dimond shapes that fill the points of the star. My first few tries the picos split apart, so it looks there are two instead of one. I sorta got the hang of it by the end. I manged to find some really good resources online. (http://lace.lacefairy.com/Lace/)

Idrija Bobbin Lace Star

2 comments:

Carla said...

I love this work, it is wonderful!

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Wow girlie! That is pretty amazing. It's beautiful! Let me know when you are in NYC again! We much get chocolate!