Monday, July 14, 2008

The yarn that never ends...

The yarn I purchased in Berlin, at a supermarket, seems never ending. I've made three pairs of socks(1,2,3) , 1 pair of baby booties, 1 lace motif and now I've started a scarf, which i actually think will be a decent length, but we'll see. I have another ball from the same company in a blue and cream color way.

I've been knitting mindless projects, as I reserve brain power for more important matters, like the meaning of life and the wind velocity of the unladen mocking bird, who seems to have finally left my street or at least hasn't had much else to say.
ipod case 2

I'm drawn again to lace. I did a single motif from a blanket pattern in "Handmade Lace and Patterns" by Annette Feldman. The first part of the book is an interesting history of lace and how it grew in popularity in Europe, focusing on needle and bobbin lace making. The second part includes patterns for the easier to master lace methods of Hairpin, crochet, tatting and knitted lace.

As I worked the knit motif, I cringed at the thought of having to make 160 of them for a single-size spread! Hell's NO! I could see making 20 really big ones, perhaps. It just seems to keep going, even though it only took a day or two to complete.
lily pond motif 4

I haven't yet given up on lace, but only time will tell.

2 comments:

Maya said...

Hi, just wondering if you managed to finish "the Holiday" cardigan pattern yet. if so, where can I find it?
thanks,

Digital Leaf said...

nope, not finished. Its been pushed to the low priority list, but I'll jump back into it as soon as i can.