Thursday, December 28, 2006

Relaxing Holiday

I had a pleasant and Relaxing holiday.

This year, like no other, with the realities of wars, global warming, natural desasters, etc being at forfront of my mind, the idea of buying shit i don't need and getting shit i don't want is particulaly distastful. Which is why this holiday worked out so well.

I got a lovely heart felt card from a dear friend. I spent a few days with Family, eating good food, watching movies and knitting. I installed my zipper into the orange cardigan and knitted a pair of socks for my mom.

In the spirit of recycling i got some secondhand and useful things, like yarn bobbins, a great Samsonite hard suit case, zippers, threads, buttons, sewing needles, and pots and pans... All which help clean out others clutter.

Knit related, I got a single Turkish-style fair Isle sock! :-) I really like the motifs on it and I have never see this style sock done with such fine yarn (thread really). I own a pair of black and white turkish style slippers with a gauge of 4 sts per inch. This one has a gauge of 18 sts per inch. I've graphed the motifs, but i think i'd use a bigger gauge. I think I'll use the main motif on a knit bag that i've wanted to make.

No comments: