Saturday, October 29, 2011

Patina Seed Vest

roving_2
Back in Oct 2007 I purchased some roving from the Sheep and Wool Festival... I started spinning that wool in August 2009.  I spun all of it on my drop spindle using the "navajo 3 ply on the fly" method.  At the time I had no idea what kind of project I would make...
handspun Patina 2
I didn't know how much yarn I would get out of the two colors of merino wool roving: The orange-ish color called Patina gave me 246 yards .  The other a gun metal grey - 404 yards.  I always intended them to be used together.  Finally in 2011 I decided on a project...  After the great success with seed stitch and hand spun with my cotton candy scarf, I decided to make a simple seed stitch vest.
seed vest wip
I knit a scarf with the patina, 30 stitches wide and knit till I ran out of yarn.  I added the gunmetal grey to the ends and joined the two grey sections with a panel for the back.  I then needle tatted some buttons and loops so the vest would close.  
seed vest 4seed vest bkseed vest 2
 

1 comment:

Krystle said...

Wow, that is amazing! I would totaly wear it every day lol!