Sunday, January 09, 2011

Welcome to the world Baby...

November was full of knitting and crocheting to welcome my nephew to the world.  Making baby things is so fun, beside the attached excitement of meeting a new person, the scale makes everything more adorable.  And of course, I use soft, easy care fibers.

He-man's hatI made two hats.  One is a crochet earflap hat made from Karabella Boise yarn (merino and cashmere).  I'v knit a lot of things with this yarn, including a pair of fingerless gloves that have had a lot of abuse.  It wears well, is washable and soft.  I didn't use a pattern.  I only had little of blue yarn left so I just worked with what I had.



The other is a Totoro Hat.  I used an very soft acrylic yarn I had in my stash for years.  It was fast to knit and a joy to get his face right.  It looks really good on too!

totoro hat
totoro hat


I also knit a sweater made from yellow Lanas Stop York Merino that my mother in-law brought. Its soft and springy, which is great because babies grow so fast.  The sweater will fit a while longer.  Since we liked both sides of the sweater, I put buttons on the inside and outside.
reversable sweater
My nephews sweater

No comments: