Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'll have a booth at the Catskill Art Society's Holiday Bazaar in Livingston Manor, NY. I'm looking forward to it. Its next weekend - December 5th and 6th.

I haven't done a craft / street fair in about 15 yrs. I've made tatted earrings, playing with different threads. I've had great success with the metallic threads, as their stiffness give the earrings some weight.

I've completed a few necklaces using an abstract design I came up with over the summer.
yellow snowflake necklace Tatted Loops Necklace 2

After talking to some potential customers, I've learned that people wear brooches! Who knew? So I came up with a leaf and flower design. My favorite so far is the one with the tatted and beaded flower. I need to re-photographs these, so pics later.

I've found that people seem to respond better to jewelry if its has something hard on it, like metal (chain or jump-rings) or beads or shells. There seems to be some hesitation at the idea of an all fiber jewelry and its worth. I'm not much into embellishment, but I'm eager to hear the feed back from CAS Holiday Sale.

So this week is just rounding out my inventory.

No comments: