Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CTN Sweater

I started this sweater in early January. I saw a great sweater in a shop by Cameron Taylor that was a 100% cashmere and beautiful. The weight was nice with a soft snugly-ness to it that I really liked. Unfortunately it was slightly out of my price range.  
ctn sweater A
Weeks later, I was browsing thru my stash, I found a cotton yarn that was soft and suddenly I was reminded of the sweater and decided to give a whirl.  The stitch pattern was pretty straight forward and things were looking really great till I got to the bottom hem.  I'm low on yarn!  I'm sorta at an impasse.  I have to decide how long the hem should and can be, given the yarn limitations including the button bands. The yarn has to survive double the length of the sweater for 12 rows for the buttons including the bottom the hem length.  Of course the length has to balance with the rest of the sweater.  I'm sure in the next few days or so, I'll decide how to finish up this sweater.
DSCF1215

No comments: