Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool....

EEEK, Rhinebeck is here! Gotta make my list, check it twice..... Grab my weekender bag and head upstate. I'm excited! This will be my second time going and again this year, it'll be me and my dad! ( Shhhh....Don't tell him, but i wanna get him to try spinning. I have a feeling he would love it. Wish me luck!)

This year, I know what to expect and I have a slight game plan. We missed most of the Punkin Chuckin contest last year, something we'll try to avoid this year. I wanna get some roving, cause I haven't used my drop spindle in while. (Speaking of which, i really need to think of a good, small project for what i spun last year... something special for my first handspun, barely a skein, yarn. I'm sure it will be a trim on something.)

I also want to get some wool yarn to make Fair Isle project with steeks. I really need to try steeks and I don't have any wool in my stash. I'm very much a cotton, silk/cashmere, linen, superfine (barely feltable) merino wool kinda gal. We'll see what I can find.

1 comment:

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!
Hope you had a good time!