Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Poetry in Stitches Camisole

I started the Camisole (seen here beautifully finished by Pine Cone Lodge) in Poetry in Stitches. I was reluctant at first because I find garter stitch boring to knit. I like breaking up the rows with purls. But every time I flip thru this book, I stop at the camisole and sweater. I have a wonderful blue cotton yarn from Silk City Fibers that is just perfect for this project. I swatched and got gauge. It's hot and humid out, so anything other than silk lace or cotton is pretty much out of the running.

Its knitting up much quicker than i expected and the placement of the moss pattern and gussets makes the garter bearable. I'm almost to the first gusset.

I will hopefully have pictures soon. My little point and shoot camera has offically asked me to put it out of its misery. Its over 5 years old (thats like 98 in tech years). Its only 3.2 mpix, it refuses to focus, and the lens cover gets stuck.

2 comments:

Hege said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! I do hope you are enjoying the camisole still, I thought it was a fun knit :) The way it was broken up in little sections made it seem fast. I look forward to seeing yours! Your Wisp scarf is beautiful!

Digital Leaf said...

I'm loving this camisole! I'm almost done and will be posting soon.