Sunday, December 10, 2006

Fingerless gloves

Winter temperatures have come and gone and come again in the NYC area. I been thinking about making a pair of fingerless gloves for while, and low and behold the genius EunnyJang had a perfect pair on her blog. I made mine with Boist Karabella yarn (cashmere/merino blend) and did a simple red green pattern so i didn't have to think while was knitting. They knit up so fast its was scary. I started it on the Friday after Thanksgiving and finished both of them by saturday night. Then like a week later i realized i needed matching hat so i knit one and that only took a few days too...AMAZING. The gloves are getting nice a fuzzy and i know it will look even better after i washed them. I washed a swatch and it looks really good.

They are warm and when we had that day or so of winter weather i just put them over my short leather gloves and was all set.


No comments: