I finally finished my green tank top. After discovering that the knit curled a lot more than i expected, much to my dismay, I had to add an unplanned boarder. I tried an k2p2 rib which was ok for the sleeves but looked terrible on the bottom and i cast on too few stitches, so I pulled it out and decided to go with a seed stitch boarder instead.
WOW what a different. It looks soooo good. Especially in this thin yarn. so i pulled out the sleeves and replaced them with the seed stitch. Lastly, the neck, which i was really worried about because i liked the way the decreased look on the v neck and i didn't want to loose that to a boarder. So i did the boarder only around the top half, decreasing the create a an angled edge and it worked!! (more images to come)
I have also been struggling to find the right yarn to do a simple k2p2 hat for a friend and i just can't seem to find the right yarn. I'm going to look at a few more stores. I'm thinking some kind of soft wool blend, something cozy.
2 weeks ago