Thursday, August 07, 2008

countdown to Ravelympics and Olympics...

Well, tomorrow is the start of the 2008 Olympics. I love watching the Olympics though the coverage of the last summer and winter Olympics could have better. They are airing the opening ceremonies at 7:30 pm et.

Thankfully, Ravelympics starts with the official start of the Olympics - 8:30am et. I'm competing in the WIP Wrestling - where i will complete my holiday sweater... finally! Its been on ice for far to long. I'm also doing the Sweater Sprint, completeing the Cobblestone sweater, which I've had ready to start for long time and never did. And in keeping with my teams name "Overly Ambitious Yet Plausibly Possible ", I'm also in the Hat Dash with the Golden Compass Hood. Ambitious...yes, Plausible...sure. If it wasn't a challenge it wouldn't be the Olympics!

It will be an interesting 17 days, as I am also packing my apartment. It really amazes me how much stuff I have o_O'

3 comments:

amy said...

yea for the ravelympics. please put me on the list for the pattern to that holiday sweater. i'll test knit - i'll pay for the pattern - whatever.

happy knitting

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Good Luck to us all !

Anonymous said...

I would also be interested in your pattern. From the pictures of your progress to date, it looks great! I'm glad I found your blog.