Monday, October 08, 2007

Art Yarn solution...YAY!


novelty_scarf_3
Originally uploaded by Digital Leaf
I purchased this art yarn by Cherie Anne Designs that i purchased at the Renegade Craft Fair's Handspun Collective booth last year. I've been looking for something to make with it and everything i tried just didn't appeal to me. I like the yarn so much on it's own that even simple stockinette seemed too busy. I wanted something that was ALL ABOUT THE YARN.

I was window shopping a week ago and saw some smooth bulky yarn made into a woven scarf using mono-filament as the weft . I don't have a loom but the idea of the yarn lined up next to itself was perfect. So I sewed the yarn together instead of weaving it and its EXACTLY what I wanted... A scarf thats all about the yarn.

No comments: