Thursday, September 20, 2007

Imbalance

WARNING: Mildly dark moment of exhaustion induced honesty. Read at your own risk.

I've come to the conclusion, as obvious as it might be and has been for quite some time, that things in my world are a little out of balance. The discrepancy lies in my time expenditure. I manage to spend far more time doing things I don't want to do or avoiding doing them, and then struggle at the end of my day to squeeeeeze in the activities that really make my happy, like movies, fashion, and of course knitting. As a result I find my self reluctantly putting down knitting after midnight, eyes blurry and body tired, knowing I should stop before i make a mistake... and I do. I prepare for bed, pondering the sad state of affairs that will inevitably repeat themselves the next day, of feeling my days are being taken from me, lost for eternity. And yet the energy sucking creatures that swarm around me leave me too depleted and foggy to make the right moves for escape. My to-do lists have become mocking faces, laughing and playing on the page knowing they will not be crossed out...


But

I did manage in that short window of time, tonight, to chart most of the Muir lace pattern on Knitty, in preparation of giving a lace another try, YAY!!...

(I'll choose at this moment of anguish, to avoid looking at the sewing machine, which is, I'm sure, giving me dirty looks, angry at my neglect.)

No comments: