Saturday, July 01, 2006

COLOR!

Soooooo Excited. I just started my second pair of socks and its a two color pattern. This is the first time I'm working with two colors. Its stranded knit so I'm being careful with my tension. It seems to be going well. I got the pattern from eunnyjang.com , who, by the way, designs amazing things.

I'm in the middle of reading Confessions of a Knitting Heretic and she mentions that floats should be twisted...mmmmm



My first pair of socks were a bottom up sock. (Wendy's Toe-up sock Pattern).They were a test run. They fit really well, but the bind off was too tight on one, to loose on the other. The cotton yarn i used had no give, so it stretched out and stayed stretched, as you can see. The red blotch is me trying out duplicate stitching.














I seem to have made little progress on the green tank top, it's grown... rather impercepably. I taking a break from it. Now, socks, socks, socks... color color color

No comments: